Changes Implemented at Your Nursery Due to Covid-19
Willows Farm Day Nursery has always offered rich learning experiences in the countryside with an abundance of fresh air, access to farm animals and forest schools.
We appreciate that this is an anxious time, making the decision whether you would like your child should go back to Nursery or even start Nursery for the first time.
We want to share with you the measures that we have been implementing at Willows Farm Day Nursery which follows government guidance.
These will remain in place when we reopen for all children to minimise the risk of infection for the safety of all our staff and children.
What measure we are taking to minimise the risk of infection and keep your child safe.
- There will be designated drop off and collection points outside the setting, parents and visitors will not be permitted to enter the setting. Staff will be wearing face masks on drop off and collection of children.
- Temperature checks of all staff and children will be taken on arrival to the setting and handwashing will take place on entry as well as throughout the day.
- Children will be organised into small ‘bubble’ groups, where possible these groups will not mix during the day with other bubble groups. We will try to consider friendship groups where possible.
- Layouts of our classrooms will be considered to support smaller ‘bubble’ groups of children.
- There will be allocated times for ‘bubble’ groups to be outside and equipment will be cleaned in between groups.
- All staff will receive up to date training in managing infection control and preventing the risk of Coronavirus.
- No outings away from the setting into the local community will take place until further notice.
- We will have an enhanced cleaning schedule to ensure that all equipment and resources are cleaned regularly including reception areas, touch points and bathroom areas.
- All soft furnishing, soft toys and rugs will be removed from our classrooms to prevent the risk of infection.
- If a child or staff member becomes unwell with symptoms in the setting they will be sent home and asked to isolate in line with the government guidelines. Staff will wear PPE whilst waiting for a child to be collected and the area will be thoroughly cleaned prior to reopening.
What can parents do to help minimise the risk of infection and keep their child safe:
- We ask that only parents and children who are symptom free attend the setting, If your child or someone in your household displays any symptoms of Coronavirus please notify the Manager by telephone, stay at home and isolate in line with the government guidelines
- If you have been tested for Covid 19 please await your result before attending the setting with your children
- Please keep to social distancing rules, this includes keeping 2 metres distance from staff, other children, and other parents/carers.
- Please can we ask that where possible only 1 parent is to drop off and collect your child to support with social distancing outside of the setting.
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to store any buggies, car seats or children’s scooters inside the setting and these will need to be stored at home or in our outside designated area.
- Please do not bring in toys from home, this will help us to minimise any risk of infection. If your child does have a comforter to support their well-being this is fine, however we do ask if it can be cleaned daily.
For more information or to discuss your child’s return to Nursery or Pre-School, please contact your Nursery Manager
by calling 01727 829 535. We are pleased to confirm that if you are not yet ready to return your children to Willows Farm Day Nursery , then there will be no fee to hold your child’s place.
If you wish to enquire about joining our Nurseries, please use our search tool to find your nearest nursery, complete our enquiry form or contact us by calling 01727 829 535.
Willows Farm Day Nursery and Pre-School is operated jointly with Kids Play Childcare, a company that now employs over 150 staff throughout the South East.
Providing Ofsted registered nursery day care, breakfast clubs, after school clubs and holiday activity day camps, we can look after your child’s needs from 6 weeks right through to holiday childcare whilst at school.
Meet our Nursery Manager (Maternity Cover)
Hello, my name is Becky Coleman and I am the Nursery Manager at Willows Farm Day Nursery and Pre-School. I have worked in childcare for almost 12 years and hold a BA Hons in Early Childhood Studies and Early Years Teacher Status qualification. I am also the Nursery SENCo.
I love seeing the children develop through from Babies to the Pre-School, it is very empowering to see how far they have grown as individuals.
Working alongside the farm is very rewarding as we get to see the children experience something, they may not get a chance to do outside of Nursery. Even the babies get to hold and pet the animals within the barn.
Childcare in the countryside
Ofsted registered childcare
From 6 weeks to 5 years old
Regular parent meetings
Access to Willows Activity Farm
Funded places available in Pre-school
Countryside location at award winning farm attraction
Purpose built nursery
Healthy and nutritious meals made onsite
Willows Members discount
Online Learning Journal
Open 7.00am to 7.00pm
Qualified and experienced staff
Structured educational play
All childcare vouchers accepted
Free formula milk for babies
The best way of finding out more about our Day Nursery is seeing it for yourself. Now that we are re-open you can join our Day Nursery or Pre-School Manger on a personal video tour or alternatively register your interest in attending our Open Day on Saturday 7th November. Please register your interest in our Open Day or a Virtual Video Showround below. PLEASE NOTE IF ATTENDING OUR OPEN DAY, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR A FACE MASK.